Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fugazi / Nation of Ulysses @ The Wherehouse, Green Bay, WI 8/11/1991


This flyer comes all the way from Green Bay, Wisconsin, one of my most favorite states. I have so many great memories of Wisconsin that I had considered moving there several times in the past.

Anyway this was a great tour I'm sure, with the amazing Fugazi and one of my favorite Dischord Records bands Nation of Ulysses. I wasn't at this show and I missed this tour back in Dayton, but I did get to see them a few times and once had the thrill to open for them in Indy.

Fugazi was known for being sXe, trying to always play all age shows and keeping the door charge at $5. In addition they always put on a great show and Ian Mckaye is a total inspiration. Between the music he has written and the way he has run Dischord records I think he has been one of the most influential people in DIY / Indie / Hardcore. Most likely his influence has waned since the late 80's and 90's, but young punks of today would learn a lot from looking into the way he did things.

No comments: